Sunday, February 4, 2024

the one with the hat trick

"Boom, you looking for this?"

Starting with Monday, we had a pretty crazy day! We met up with the whole district for District P Day and went to a good chicken restaurant for lunch. After that, we went to a planetarium, and it was a lot like the curiosity museum (if you're from Utah). We ended P day by getting some ice cream, and then we all went back to our areas. When we got back, we left for Kobe because Elder McMaster was getting emergecny transferred! So after we dropped him off, Elder Hall and I got a new comp! It's Elder Perkins, and we've been living together for about a month, so it didn't feel very weird. This is now my third trio since being out...hence the title of the email. 

Wednesday, we had another party with Takuya! This time we ate yakiniku, which is just cooked meat...we had a big stove in front of us where we would cook the thin strips of meat and then eat it straight off the stove. It was super good and we ended the party with more card games!

Friday, we had our game night again, and an entire family came! We met the husband on hello talk, and he brought his wife and their 3 young kids! It was an absolute blast, and we are hoping that they will come every week! 

Sunday was stake conference! We all went to Kobe, and it was awesome! We got to meet up with a bunch of missionaries that were there, and it was a blast! That took up most of the day, so not much else happened on Sunday. 

Spiritual Thought:
1 Nephi 1:1

I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.

"Suffice it to say that of all the titles God has chosen for Himself, Father is the one He favors most."
-Elder Holland

In this email, I want to talk a little bit about fathers. To begin, I want to give my dad a massive thank you for everything he's ever done. Since being on the mission, I have had a lot of time to think back on all the good memories I've had with my dad. I'm so grateful for all of the time we spent camping, going to AF Events, conferences, late night trips for food, shooting (followed by amazing gringas), and hundreds (maybe even thousands) of stories and so many other things. I'm unbelievably grateful I had someone like you to look up to and learn from. It's because of you that I am the person I am today (and the reason I found the greatest music genre of all time 🀘🎸). 
We all have our amazing fathers to be grateful for. And the best of all of them is our Heavenly Father. I love that quote from Holland because it shows how truly important fathers are. We learn so much from them, and we should never take them for granted. I can't wait to be a father myself, and we learn from so many apostles that we need to prepare now for the titles we will have later in life. So I hope each of you is doing all that you can now to be the best husband, mother, grandparent, wife, father, (and so many more) in the future. 

Well, that's all that I've got for this week! Feel free to email me!

first day as a trio

Sick sunset after basketball

The perfect sign for my first area

More pics of b ball night

Some of the friends we met!

Super fun day!!



Elder McMaster's last day in Nishinomiya

Another party with Takuya! This time we are eating yakiniku

Go Fish goes hardπŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Monday at the Planetarium

Dinner at this chicken place

Walking over to the planetarium!

More stars...

This place be feeling like the curiosity museum

Elevator pic goes crazy...just like the MTC

More pics of p day

Stopped at a コンビニ for some ice cream

Mirror pic

No comments:

Post a Comment

the one with uno

  "Boom, you looking for this?" Starting with Monday, we had a pretty chill P day. We just called the fam, got lunch at McDonald&#...