Saturday, July 8, 2023

the one where he left home

Well I made it to the MTC this week!!

Starting where I left off, last Sunday was a really good day. Me and Elder Miller had nothing to do in the morning before church so we ended up talking for like 4 hours which was really fun and it was nice getting to know him a little bit more. Later Sunday night all of my friends came over and that was such a good time. That was the most rejuvenating thing that happened all week. It was so nice to see all of them one more time before I left home and it was good to just talk with them and tell stoies before I don't see them for a couple years. 

Monday was pretty chill. I didn't have much to do that night so I mostly just relaxed and hung out with the family. 

Tuesday was a blast hanging with the family one more time and we had really good wings and played some good games of cornhole. We ended the day in a perfect way with lots and lots of really good fireworks. Carter and I went on one last drive together and of course we stopped at Wendys and snagged us some frostys. 

Wednesday started off with a good nap right after I woke up and then I just hung with the family before leaving. Laityn and I went on one last walk together which was a good time and we had a really good talk about the mission. Then we went off to Burgers Supreme and had food there before they dropped me off. We took some pictures next to the provo temple and I saw a couple of people from the district there taking pictures too. Then they dropped me off and we all said goodbye. I then went through the MTC and met more of my district and met up with my roommates at the crib. Once we all got settled we had a couples classes and devotionals and stuff. As we all got ready for bed we had a zone meeting with the guys in our apartment and they gave us the rules of the apartment. They are all pretty regular except whenever you call a missionary anything but elder you have to do 10 push ups. I've done A LOT of push ups in the past few days. Definitely gonna take some getting used to. 

Thursday I met the branch and the branch presidency and they are all awesome! And Elder Wynn got chosen to be our district leader and he's gonna kill it. Other than that it was a pretty basic day. 

Friday was pretty much the same nothing crazy happened mostly just classes and meals and then we went to bed. Pretty much the routine that I'll follow each day in the MTC. We did go to the gym in the morning and played some basketball with some sisters which was a good time. Oooo and lunch on Friday was absolute fire. It was enchiladas with red rice and beans and it slapped so hard. Best meal I've had here by far. 

Overall its been a long week but I've enjoyed it. I will say that 8 weeks here is gonna be a lot but I've got a good district and comp to pull me through the next few weeks. Feel free to email me with any questions or anything! 

Context for the pictures:
-This was day 1 of all of us meeting up in persons. District 22-p is the best 
- Just us in class
-We had a Chinese substitute and we basically did a Chinese just dance to get the blood pumping XD
-The whole District cramped in the elevator (we do that multiple times a day)
- The last two are just a couple picture's of me and my companion elder Miller 







Here's a couple pics of me with my friends on that last Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

the one with uno

  "Boom, you looking for this?" Starting with Monday, we had a pretty chill P day. We just called the fam, got lunch at McDonald&#...