Sunday, December 24, 2023

the one with the overalls

"Boom you looking for this?"

Monday we went to more shrines for P day and ate some really good ramen. 

Tuesday we did some service and I was finally able to use my Noah's ark overalls!! I also got a straw hat and it really completed the look. 

Wednesday we had a Christmas district council and we went up to Kobe for it. It was super fun and we opened some of the packages that we got. I'm waiting until Christmas for most of mine cuz I gotta have something to do. It was a super fun day and it was like Christmas pt.1 

Thursday we played ping pong after eikaiwa with some fun kids and it was a really good day.

Saturday we started out with doing some more service so I was able to whip out the overalls again! We also had our ward Christmas party!! It was awesome!! Me and Elder Hall were in two different choirs and then us and the other elders we are living with sang jingle bells and it was so fire. I've got a sick video of it on the album you should go check out. 

Sunday we had a super fun Christmas sacrament meeting!! We sang the song that we sang at the Christmas party again and had lots of other musical numbers and talks. We also had a lesson with Makoto but more on that in a minute...
We also had another Christmas party at a member's house! It was a ton of fun and we played lots of games, ate great food, and had Makoto over as well!

Spiritual thought:

Per some of my family members request's, I decided to huck a quick spiritual thought at the end of the email. Also I should note that I am writing this during sacrament meeting. So I'm gonna talk a little bit about one of our friends named Makoto. I've talked about her a little bit in my emails but I haven't talked about her very much. One day she saw the missionaries (my comp and his old companion) and wanted to learn more about them but she is very shy so she tried following them so she could get to our church. But on the way, they stopped at a convenient store so she looked on her phone and found the nearest church and beat the elders to it. After talking with her she seemed very interested in the church and wanted to come to church that Sunday and wanted to start coming to eikaiwa. This is when I came to Japan so she came to church and also started coming to eikaiwa. We have now been teaching her since then and her faith is unbelievable. After some time, she decided to text and tell her mom what she was doing and what she believes. Her mom was less than happy and started ignoring her. When she got home that night her mom asked, "Is it the Mormon church?" "What?" Replied Makoto. "Is it the Mormon church!" Her mom said again. Makoto responded by saying, "We don't go by that name. We are members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." When she first told me this, I was esctatic! It was so amazing to hear how much she really believed in the church and how, even thought it had only been a few weeks, she was willing to stand up for our church. Since that day, she has been reading the Book of Mormon everyday and has been praying so many times a day. She really is amazing and she was so well prepared for the gospel to come into her life.
 
Well midway through writing this, we had a lesson with Makoto! And, drum roll please.... She's now on date to get baptized on January 14th!! We are so excited to see her get baptized! Miracles really do exist! 

Well thats all I've got for this week! It was a really fire week and we had a ton of fun! I can't wait to see Makoto get baptized in a few weeks!!

The completed fit🔥
more shrines for pday!

I'm running out of captions for shrines

Look! A gate!!

the biggest shrine!

another sick pond

My mom has been asking for this pic for a LONG time🤣

Yeah, they are Noah's ark overalls😎

yessir an absolute party

service--cleaning up some flowers

the gift we got for serving!

11-10 still up on him

Most dogs I've seen at a convenience store so far. 13-11

Did some かんばん and met these sick kids

Another girl we met doing かんばん

The Amagasaki castle (sorry, it's a little far away)

all the boys together

Christmas district council! とても楽しい

More dogs 14-12

Sick new friends we met and played ping pong with after eikaiwa

Everyone tat

Singing in the Christmas play 😆

The final song we all sang together

Dinner at the party...lots of Christmas tree potato salad

Pics with our friends! Top left is Makoto さん

Christmas party 2023!

More pics with our friends

More pics!

Kobe Mission Christmas card




No comments:

Post a Comment

the one with uno

  "Boom, you looking for this?" Starting with Monday, we had a pretty chill P day. We just called the fam, got lunch at McDonald&#...