Monday, September 4, 2023

the one where he got to yankee hill

Well I finally made it out of the MTC!! 

Sunday night we had one final sleep over with all of the guys in our district as kind of a last hurrah! 

Monday I beat Compton (one of my teachers) in a battle of wits about the office

Tuesday we had another fire devotional

Wednesday I got my last set of cookies from Abby and her family (I couldn't have made it through the mtc without them) and packed everything up

Thursday i left the mtc at 7:15am and went to the airport. There i had my first not mtc meal: Smashburger. Got to Omaha and met the mission pres and his wife. And ended the night by staying the night in a hotel. 

Friday had a training meeting and then got sent to my area. Im in yankee hill which is in Lincoln. I taught my first lesson on Friday about the restoration and had a pretty fun and chill day. Got to know my new companions: Elder Biegel and Elder Evans. They are soooo chill and we have been having a party so far. 

Saturday was my first full real day in the field. We did lots of studying, met up with a member for lunch at Costco (Dope), and did lots of finding and more lessons (which pretty much all fell through). After dinner we did more finding and then played basketball with some of the other elders in our district as well as a bunch of friends, or investigators. Overall was a really good first day in the field.

Sunday we went to church and got ready for a baptism! My comps have been teaching these brothers named Thet Oo amd Minn Htet who are 15 and 10 years old. I got the opportunity to speak at their baptism as well as help confirm them and give them the gift of the holy ghost. They are both so awesome and super funny! After that, we had a member meal to break our fast (they made some banger burgers) and then went finding and had more lessons fall through. It was such a good day and Im happy I was able to see someone get baptized while on the mish!

As always feel free to email me whenever! My p day changed to Monday so I can't respond until then! 

Context for pics:

-  3 pics from our sleepover
- More pics of us all saying goodbye to Brother Schaap, who's last day was on Monday
-Pics of the district all together 
- The people that I flew to Nebraska with 
- Meeting the mission pres and his wife
- my comps and the zone leaders 
- Driving to do some p day stuff 
-  Baptism

























No comments:

Post a Comment

the one where he became a DL

  "Boom, you looking for this?" Starting with Monday, we had district P day, and we all went to the aquarium! It was a fun day, an...