Sunday, June 2, 2024

the one where he defended the carrot

"Boom, you looking for this?"

Starting with Monday we went to Kyoto and went to some of the most touristy places in my entire misson. There were SO many ε€–δΊΊ (foreigners)!! 
We saw a cool castle and a big tower and then a bunch of gates...yeah I'm not very good at hyping this stuff up. But it was a fun day!

Tuesday we had DCM so we all met up and got lunch together! It was a fun start to the day and I always love seeing my district!

Friday we went to Umeda which is one of the busiest places in our area and held a sign that told people we teach English and we had SOO many people come up and talk to us! It was a fun way to do missionary work and a really nice change of pace.

Saturday we went to lunch with the Hemmi family! It was a blast and we went to this authentic Chinese restaurant. It was pretty good but some foods were definitely better than others. I spent most of the time just playing I spy with the daughter Maki and showing her other funny tricks I can do. It was a super fun time and they are really enjoying spending time with us. After that we had a couple lessons before eikaiwa one of which was with our friend Mima and he is super awesome! He is so elect and has been reading the Book of Mormon every day. We are really hoping he will want to get baptized! At eikaiwa the Hemmi family came along with some of our other friends. At the end of eikaiwa we always talk for about an hour which was a blast! While I was talking with some other people, I saw Maki had drawn a big monster on the whiteboard... now if you know me, you know that I am always down to play defend the carrot. So yours truly started drawing some stuff on the board and together we made a whole story with action, adventure, love, sadness...it was quite a good story if I do say so myself. I got a flick of it but it might be hard to understand...we were all over the place. Basically we had a blast and we invited them to come to church and Maki said she really wanted to come πŸ‘ŠπŸ˜

Spiritual Thought:

Mosiah 2:16-17
16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God. 
17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

"This is the service that counts, the service to which all of us have been called: the service of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Along your pathway of life you will observe that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save."
–Thomas S. Monson

I don't have much to add but it really is the service that counts! Its so important that we try our best to help others around us. There will always be children of God who can use our help. 

Well thats all I got this week! Feel free to email me!

That's all, folks!

The most gas game of defend the carrot

All of the pics from Kyoto

Got some more with some of the boys

The thousand tori gates


The lookout from the top of the thousand gates



Tōji temple

Fire flick with all the boys πŸ”₯


And the Golden Castle


Zone Conference Osaka Zone













Dog #59 😬😬😬 I'm slowing down...not by choice

Fire okonomiyaki

The guy that took us out

No comments:

Post a Comment

the one where he became a DL

  "Boom, you looking for this?" Starting with Monday, we had district P day, and we all went to the aquarium! It was a fun day, an...