Sunday, May 26, 2024

the one with the 奇跡家族

"Boom, you looking for this?"

Well, starting with Wednesday (yeah, it was a short week), we went to a super touristy place called Namba and took a couple of flicks. We spent the rest of the day going around to shops around there and having a good time.

Friday, we had Zone Conference!!! It was super awesome, and we talked a lot about faith and being bold with the people we are teaching! It was super great, and we learned a lot!! That night, we went to dinner with a friend, which is like the 5th meal we've had with friends this week! It's been so much fun! Also, on our way to Zone Conference, we had a crazy miracle where this lady named Hemmiさん recognized us and wanted to talk with us. Apparently, she had been coming to eikaiwa before the pandemic but lost contact with the missionaries. We invited her to come to eikaiwa, and she said she would bring her husband and daughter! We had a really good conversation and she is so amazing!

Saturday we went to lunch with another one of our friends and then went to Osaka Castle with him after (a really famous place in my area). After that, we had a lesson with one of our friends and then had eikaiwa! It was a ton of fun, and we had like 15 people come this week! And our friend Hemmi came and she brought her whole family and they are SO kind! They loved talking with us and her daughter was really shy at first but I got her to warm up to me and I am now her favorite missionary 😏😏 We also invited them all to come to church and they seemed really excited about it!

Sunday, we had church, and the Hemmi family came! They loved it and had such a great time with us! We talked and we are all gonna get lunch next Saturday and I couldn't be more excited! They are such an awesome family, and I am so excited to see them progress!

Spiritual Thought:

Alma 26:37
Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now, this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

"But perhaps even more important than speaking is listening. These people are not lifeless objects disguised as a baptismal statistic. They are children of God, our brothers and sisters, and they need what we have. Be genuine. Reach out sincerely. Ask these friends what matters most to them. What do they cherish, and what do they hold dear? And then listen. If the setting is right you might ask what their fears are, what they yearn for, or what they feel is missing in their lives. I promise you that something in what they say will always highlight a truth of the gospel about which you can bear testimony and about which you can then offer more."
–Jeffrey R. Holland

I really don't have much to add... Holland said it perfectly. But, this was SUCH a good week, and it really made me grateful for ALL the people we talk to. I think this is such a good outlook on missionary work and just life in general. 

That's all I got this week! Feel free to email me!

That's all, folks. 

Osaka Castle!

Apparently he's famous or something

Got me a burger😏😏

These are the guys we ate with

Got me some Pizza😏😏

This is the guy we ate with

Same dude we ate Pizza with...he's pretty sick

No comments:

Post a Comment

the one where he became a DL

  "Boom, you looking for this?" Starting with Monday, we had district P day, and we all went to the aquarium! It was a fun day, an...